This Bounty Program is designed to encourage development of MoinMoin software and to reward those who help us to create a great wiki software. Funders allow MoinMoin developers to enhance MoinMoin at particular edges and improve it thereby.
Bounties are open for private individuals and companies - you just have to ensure (by finding other interested funders or by raising an interested topic) that the bounties' worth is not too low. Of course small changes are done for a lower amount of money than bigger ones.
Making a new bounty
Create a new bounty page:
specify exactly what you want to offer money for
specify exactly how much funds you offer (please use USD or EUR)
specify exactly until when your offer is valid
specify exactly who you are (including contact information)
A bounty is valid as long as there is at least one non-timed-out funding offer for it. If a bounty gets invalid, it will be either removed or changed into a FeatureRequest by moin development core team.
As long as the bounty is not taken, you can take back or change your funding offer at any time.
Taking a bounty
At some time, one or multiple people will like to take a bounty
- They will discuss with moin development core team how to proceed best for starting implementation.
- If the task is implemented as a plugin, this is mainly to talk about how it is done best.
- For the case the task needs changes to core code, it is mainly to discuss if this is needed and wanted.
- The contacts person of the contracting group (mostly a subgroup of the core team) will contact the funders and invite them for paying some initial rate (50%). He/She will clarify outstandings issues at this point.
- The feature will be implemented and after it is done, the final rate will be demanded (50%).
- The resulting code should be based on current code and must be publicly released under the GPL after funds are transferred.
- If not all funders want/can pay the initial rate, the whole bounty will be rolled back including the transfer of money if necessary.